I review the Strv 103B, a tier 10 Swedish tank destroyer in World of Tanks (wot), with a replay of a Live Oaks battle.
The last time I covered the Swedish TD line was back in Episode #45 when I reviewed the tier 9 Strv 103-0, and I talked a lot about brawling.
In this episode, I show how to leverage the incredible vision control and DPM of the Strv 103B to save two failing flanks – first along railroad (0 lane) and then later covering the exit from city (A lane).
Strengths and Weaknesses
+ Superb frontal protection against AP shells of 120mm caliber or less
+ Superb max gun depression (-11)
+ Superb accuracy in siege mode (0.25)
+ Superb silver shell velocity (1500 m/s)
+ Superb reverse speed (45 kph)
+ Superb DPM
+ Excellent silver penetration (308mm)
+ Excellent forward speed (50 kph)
+ Excellent camouflage
+ Only frontal weak spot against AP is small cupola
+ Very low chance of fire (10%)
– Transitioning between Siege and Travel modes leaves the TD temporarily unable to take action
– Unable to aim gun when tracked
– Very low HP (1800)
– Side hull armor is very thin (30mm) and easily overmatched
– Vulnerable to he shells due to thin armor (40/30/30)
– Highly-sloped but thin frontal armor vulnerable to HEAT, as HEAT won't ricochet unless the impact angle exceeds 85 degrees
– Low caliber (105mm) gun for a TD, limits overmatch
– Lack of a turret hampers fighting around buildings and rocks
I talk through how I'm reading the battle as it unfolds and discuss key decisions and mistakes. My hope is that these videos meaningfully help players improve their gameplay.
“Road to Unicum” full guide and FAQs:
If you want to support my WoT habit (thanks that's generous of you), you can support me on patreon, send me gold in-game, donate via PayPal, or simply shop on Amazon: