I review the AMX 13 90, a tier 8 French light tank in World of Tanks (WoT), with a replay of a tier 9 Fiery Salient (Prokhorovka) battle.
Stat line: Ace Tanker, 3.2k damage, 2.9k assisted damage, 8 spots, 2 kills
I discuss how to complete LT-15, the light tank mission that requires 4k+ damage contribution, which is the sum of direct damage and assisted damage.
IMO the most consistent way to reach 4k+ is spotting from hill, because unlike passive scouting on the 1/2 lines, you can fire on tanks and then retreat behind hard cover.
Strengths and Weaknesses
+ excellent camouflage
+ excellent gold round (ACPR with 248 pen)
+ good view range (400m)
+ good burst damage (1440) in a full clip
– poor accuracy (0.38)
– poor gun handling on-the-move
– load clip reload (38 seconds with Vents)
– poor gun depression and rear mounted turret limit hill-fighting capability
– small crew (3) hampers skill acquisition
Comments / Errata:
1. it’s important to stay out of the line of fire when enemy tanks are shooting at your friendlies. E.g. at 3:49, the enemy T-54’s shell passes within a few meters of my hull, so I move up the hill a bit and point my hull towards the T-54 to make my profile smaller. By the same token, I stay away from the friendly AMX 50 100, who repeatedly exposes himself to spotting and enemy fire
I talk through how I’m reading the battle as it unfolds and discuss key decisions and mistakes. My hope is that these videos meaningfully help other players improve their gameplay.
“Road to Unicum” full guide and FAQs:
If you want to support my WoT habit (thanks that’s generous of you), you can send me gold in-game, or you can donate via PayPal or by shopping on Amazon: