Stat line: Ace Tanker, 5.4k damage, 8 kills, 2 spots
The Bat Chat has strong scouting capability and can carry games if the driver carefully conserves HP. It is the classic example of a tank that has a high ceiling and low floor, i.e. Bat Chat performance is highly dependent on the driver.
It is one of only two tanks where I have been able to average over both 2 kills and 2 spots per game over 100+ battles, and that speaks to the strengths of the tank.
Strengths and Weaknesses
+ excellent top speed
+ excellent acceleration
+ excellent camouflage
+ excellent burst damage per clip (1950)
+ small profile
– long clip reload (~38 sec)
– poor accuracy (0.38)
– long aim time (2.7)
– paper-thin armor
– relatively low hull traverse for a light-armored medium
– mediocre gun depression (-6) and rear-mounted turret limit hill-fighting capability
– small crew (3) hampers skill acquisition
3. GLD or Vents (I prefer GLD to improve gun handling)
I talk through how I’m reading the battle as it unfolds and discuss key decisions and mistakes. My hope is that these videos meaningfully help other players improve their gameplay.
“Road to Unicum” full guide and FAQs:
If you want to support my WoT habit (thanks that’s generous of you), you can send me gold in-game, or you can donate via PayPal or by shopping on Amazon: